In order to have the right billing information on your bookings, you'll have to set up one or multiple invoice profiles. The invoice profile holds all the invoice information that will be displayed on the booking invoices and reports.
Setting up your first invoice profile
If you have to set up your invoice profile for the first time,
- Go to the Payment and billing page -> Invoice profile(app.trutrip.co/payment-billing/invoice-profile)
- Click "Add new" and add your company name, currencies, business registration number and address. Hit save.
- That's it! Your invoice profile is now visible and set to "default" which means that these are the details that will be displayed on your upcoming bills.
Creating multiple invoice profiles and assigning them (for additional billing entities)
If you have multiple billing entities, you can create additional invoice profiles and assign them to specific people or groups to them.
Keep in mind that there always has to be a default invoice profile available.
For example if you have a business unit in Singapore, and in Amsterdam you can create the "Singapore Office" invoice profile first (which is the default). Then you can create "Amsterdam Office" and assign your Amsterdam staff to that one.
How it works:
- All booking will use the default invoice profile (Singapore Office in this case),
- If there are users or groups that have been assigned to a specific invoice profile (Malaysia Office in this case), they will follow that.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I assign specific users to my invoice profile, or entire groups?
For ease of use, we always recommend to assign groups (as it's easier to manage). However if you need specific users to have a different invoice profile you can assign them individually.
The hierarchy in the system is as follows
- Booking is made by a user that is assigned to a specific invoice profile, if this is not the case then we check if,
- Booking is made by a user that is part of group that is assigned to an invoice profile, if this is not the case the,
- The booking will belong to the default invoice profile.
What happens when I edit an existing invoice profile or assign/reassign users & groups?
Whenever you change an invoice profile, previous bookings are never affected. This is to ensure accuracy of data & reporting.