You've booked your flight in TruTrip, and your departure date is coming soon. Here are some tips on how to prepare for your flight and making sure that you are ready to fly!
Checking the validity of your documents
It is always a good idea to double check and make sure all the documents needed for travel are still valid.
- Starting with your passport, most countries will only accept passports with more than 6 months of validity. So if you passport expires within the next 6 months of your departure date, you'd better renew your passport soon.
- A visa is also a common occurence for traveller from certain countries, make sure you have relevant visa or entry permits before you check in to prevent any issues prior to your departure.
You can check what visa is needed and additional entry requirements by checking the fit to fly section under "Trips".
You can also view the details of what is needed to enter your destination country, and get links to relevant government website to find additional details. Always double check with your destination country government websites as entry requirement can change anytime.
Online check in, Selecting seats, and meal
In general you can initiate your online check in process for your flight between 24 to 48 hour prior to the departure time of your flight. This duration will vary between airline, the best way to check is to directly access the airline's website. If you want to check the details of your booking prior to this online check-in duration, you may be able to utilise manage booking function available on most airline websites.
What you need to access Manage my booking, or Online check in would be the same,
- You would need to find your Passenger Name Record (PNR) or Booking Reference code, this is the 6 digit code that is available in the booking voucher, or through trips.
- You would need to enter your last name as it is written in your Passport.
- Sometimes the airline website would also ask for the email that is used during booking. If this is the case, then please use email@example.com as the email.
During your check in process, you should have your passport detail nearby as some airline would require you to enter your passport details again. Afterwards, you may be entitled to seat and meal selections.