We built TruTrip with a main requirement to offer competitively priced flights.
If for some flight routes or bookings we are not meeting this requirement we are happy to (i) understand why we were not able to access the much lower cost fare and (ii) extend a no fee booking service to you so that you still have many of the benefits of the booking being within TruTrip ecosystem (including coverage with TruFlex).
Do keep in mind that there are some additional terms relating to out-of-platform bookings that apply (see below).
How to request a for a flight that you found on a different platform
- Go to the concierge page from your sub-navigation panel and select "flight".
- Fill in the basic concierge details
- In the description, try to be as elaborate as you can. Enter all the details of your flight that you were searching for in TruTrip and the platform you found the alternative flight. Important things to add are:
- The departure and arrival locations
- The exact flight dates
- Seat and fare information
- The website where you found the alternative flight, ideally with URL link to the page
- A screenshot of your original search and the result you found with the other platform.
- Don't forget to update your contact details (a working phone number) and submit your request
That's it! Our travel support team will review your booking request and reach out to you within 24 hours with alternative options and next steps (if available).
If you need more urgent assistance (for example if your flight is within the next 24-48 hours) we recommend to reach out to our support team instead.
Terms of booking with another provider
- The potential saving in fare is at least 5% when compared to the best available equivalent from the TruTrip ecosystem
- The providers we are booking the fare from are not on our blacklist (see below)
- TruTrip is not and shall not be responsible for any issues related to the associate flight, including but not limited to: failure for the provider to issue the ticket, problems trying to change the booking, mid-journey disruption
- In some cases, where interlining has been used, the traveller may require additional visa/entry permits; TruTrip shall not be responsible for ensuring you are aware and our "Fit-To-Fly" feature may not work effectively
- In the event there is a refund, we will only refund your funds once the platform has refunded into our account plus one working day
- TruTrip is in no way responsible for any data leak from these providers
- Any further change and/or cancellation to the booking will incur fees from us that is equivalent to
GotoGate / MyTrip
(same parent company)
They frequently are not the great deal they start out being. We've found they use cached results to get you in and the issue only appears post booking. They also have hugely intensive support, leaving us in a difficult position to help if things go wrong
Kiwi quite successfully leverages Virtual Interlining for airlines. This means they connect together tickets bought from different airlines and points of sale to get you the very best deals and it runs fine when you a) know what you expect and b) do not make any changes.
Most of our users do not want to re-checking bags and nor are they happy if there is an issue on one segment.
|Similar issues to GoToGate / MyTrip - the great initial fare doesn't seem to hold that well but once we have paid, getting the money back is very difficult.