At the moment we have 4 different roles in the system available: Super admin, Admin, Traveller, Guest. We'll explain the differences in more detail below.
The main differences between the roles
Super admin: the highest role in the system. The super admin is typically the account owner and will have access to all bookings, data, payments and users. Super admins will be exempted from any approval, any bookings that they make will be processed immediately.
Admin: this role will be automatically assigned when a traveller is turned into a manager of a group. An admin will have access to the manage the bookings of the team members they manage.
Traveller: this is the basic "end user" role. Travellers are often your employees who only need to book and view their own bookings.
Guest: a guest traveller can be created by anyone to be added to a booking. A guest user does not have access to the TruTrip platform
How to change / assign roles
Only super admins have the permission to change roles. If you want to change a users' role you can do so by going to the user management page .
Assigning the super admin role to another user:
- Go to the user profile page and hit "edit"
- Under "Maket this user a company admin" switch it to ON.
- That's it! The user is now a super admin.
Making a user a group manager (Admin):
- Go to the "Groups" page under users and select the group you want to edit
- Hit "add manager" and search for the user that you want to make manager of the group
- Search for the user that you want to make manager for the group and hit save.
That's it! The next time the user logs in he will have management permissions for that group.