Whenever you have made a booking in the past, you can always create a request to cancel your flight/hotel booking (before it has taken place of course). Do keep in mind that you are always subject to the terms and conditions of the fare selected with the service provider (airline or hotel establishment).
Checking if your booking is eligible for cancellation
In general, you should contact our support team to get the most up to date refund and cancellation information on your booking, both for flights and hotel. Our support team will gladly inform you about the eligibility and also the refund amount to be expected if eligible.
For hotel booking specifically, you can also check in the booking voucher that we sent. We include the cancellation policy within your booking voucher, here you can check if your stay can be cancelled or not, and can be cancelled up to how many days before your stay starts.
How to request a cancellation
If you decide to cancel your booking, go to the trips page -> select the trip you’d like to cancel -> click cancel booking on the right section under Manage Booking.
You’ll be asked for a few more details. Fill these in and don’t forget to hit submit.
Once you’ve submitted your cancellation you’ll receive an email confirmation with your cancellation request .
After that our support team will assess your cancellation, check the refund eligibility and will reach out to you with any additional questions to process any refunds available.
How does the refund process work?
Once the support team has received your cancellation request, we will process this with the supplier / providers. We will inform you about any cancellation fees and penalties that may apply to the refund.
Typically there are a few ways a refund request can proceed:
- A full refund is offered - this means that the supplier (eg the airline you booked) will refund the full amount of the fare price
- A partial refund is offered - this means that the supplier (eg the hotel you booked) will refund a partial amount (%) of the fare price
- Non-refundable - this means that your booking can’t be refunded and can’t be cancelled. You will not receive any refund amount from the airline or hotel.
Once we have confirmed a full or partial refund, we will inform you about the final amount that will be processed. This amount will then be disbursed by the airline or hotel in several ways:
- Cash - as in the airline or hotel will refund the amount in the currency that was used during payment. This amount will then be credited to the payment method that you used during the initial booking.
- Personal Credit - in this case the airline or hotel will give a form of credit or voucher that can be used in future bookings. However, the voucher can only be used by the original traveller, and can’t be handed or transferred to anyone else.
- General Credit - this is similar to personal credit, but the voucher/credit can be used by anyone and is transferable.
The refund amount calculation is typically as follows:
[Total fare] - [ Supplier penalty] - [ TruTrip payment fee] = Total refundable amount
- Booking fare = is the total amount that you have paid for the booking
- Supplier penalty = any charges imposed by the airline or hotel for the cancellation (this depends on the fare class or room type that you selected).
- TruTrip payment fee = are the charges from our payment provider (0 when using deposit or invoicing).
When can I expect the refund to be processed?
If your refund request has been approved and processed, please expect the refund to be disbursed between 2-6 weeks, depending on the airlines and providers.
The refund will be disbursed to your payment method used for booking. If you used a credit card, the refund will be given to the same card that was used during booking. If you used a deposit account, then we will add the refund amount to your account.
What if my refund was in the form of Airline Credit?
Some airlines will only disburse refund in the form of Airline Credit. If this is the case, we will let you know about the credit details (Either personal or general credit) and the amount that is available.
To use the Airline Credit, you can create a concierge request or contact our support team. We will then create the booking on your behalf, and will let you know if you need to pay extra for the booking.
If you have any questions about modification or cancellations, don't hesitate to reach out via live chat support or contact us at +65 3129 2139, or via email to email@example.com