TruTrip is built to deliver the best value to you. Through our guarantee, we are committed to giving you the best prices and opportunities to reduce your overall costs. Because TruTrip is automation-first and we do not have traditional systems to override, we are able to fulfill our promise of the lowest cost-efficiently, every time.
Here is how we give you the lowest cost:
- Partnerships: Our global partnerships with Agoda, Booking.com, Bedsonline, flight partners in over 5 markets, and more ensure you get quality inventory, great prices, and vast options. We stand out from the competition because we don’t mark up our fares. The price we get from our partners is the price you pay on TruTrip!
- Points of Sale: One of the factors affecting fares and rates is where you are purchasing from, known as Points of Sale. TruTrip, through our partners, has 6 Point(s)-of-Sale options and growing, to get the most affordable fares and rates.
- NDC airline integrations: The new distribution capability (NDC) channel is often where airlines offer some of their best pricing. We are continuously increasing our NDC integrations, which now include multiple carriers in Southeast Asia.
- Charging you the real cost*: We don’t depend on averages and estimates to give you a blended set of charges, which are typically in favor of the seller. We only charge you the real extra charges on your booking which means you pay the exact cost every time.
*Where we legally can base on surcharge rules.
Our guarantee is based on a “real basket of fares and rates” and applies at this time to flights and accommodation only. This means we don’t guarantee specific individual fares but we do guarantee your monthly total spend, as long as it is more than SGD 10k or equivalent (e.g. MYR 30k).
Our guarantee is simple, we believe our rates and fares are at least in line with the market or better, and if not, we will:
- Give you a cash back equal to all fees associated with your account (subscription fee plus fees and charges); and
- Give you a three-month 5% cashback on all accommodation bookings
This guarantee applies to comparisons from all leading TMCs and when comparing must include the checkout cost - i.e. include all the fees related to the booking (i.e. Competitor A charges you $2 fare but $90 in fees - the price to pay would be $92)
To claim, you need to share with us:
- i) the bookings that represent your true basket - for bookings to represent a true basket, you must have taken similar trips in the last 12 months.
- ii) the rates found on the competitors' sites, as well as the time and date the benchmarks were taken (we will be able to find the data you searched in our own logs)
The fine print
- A similar basket is defined by TruTrip and can be declared null at our absolute discretion (basically, we have the right to say this is or isn’t a fair basket comparison)
- All payments are paid in credit to your account within 45 days of submission
- All our pricing is based on the lowest available rates - which includes the use of pre-paying payment option
- The difference between costs must be greater than 0.05% or $5 of the total basket, whichever is greater
- TruTrip reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time without prior notice - at which point only claims already submitted would be honored. The timing of withdrawal will be considered the same as the time of public notification.
- “Agreement” means this fare guarantee agreement as modified, altered, supplemented, amended and/or restated from time to time;
- “Basket” means a representative sample of a customer’s fares and rates from the last 4 weeks, based on their last 12 months of travel patterns. Representative means no less than 5 but no more than 10 examples of fares and rates, in any combination;
- “Cashback” means an amount calculated by TruTrip that is credited to the customer’s TruTrip account, which can be used to book future travel;
- “Checkout costs” means the total costs of booking, including all fees charged by the service provider;
- “Competitors” means businesses that provide a similar scope of services to their customers, whether offline or online. This includes the leading travel management companies (TMCs) such as Amex GBT, BCD Travel, CTM, CWT, Egencia FCM Travel, SAP Concur, Serko, TravelBank, TravelPerk, TravelStop). It does not include travel booking platforms such as Skyscanner or direct airline and hotel websites;
- “Customer” means a company that is registered on TruTrip’s platform and is actively booking travel through the platform;
- “Fares and rates” means the checkout cost of booking flights (“fares”) and hotel rooms (“rates”);
- “Fees” means all costs borne by the customer that relates to using of TruTrip’s platform and services, including subscription fees (the monthly platform fees, and any other charges by TruTrip that do not relate to the pass-on of costs charged to TruTrip by third parties);
- “Guarantee” means a formal assurance that TruTrip will fulfill the obligations in this agreement once the required conditions are met.